Friday, November 9, 2007

After the trip.

I guess y'all know that I made a trip to visit home. It was a good visit. My oldest son went to Midland with his dad and played in a soccer tournament. They didn't win a game, but they had a good time and played hard.

I missed seeing the sisters who stood me up Saturday night. I'm sure they had a good excuse, but if not, I forgive them anyway. I got to see one friend on "girls' night" anyway. I also got to visit a friend Tuesday night that I hadn't seen in more than 10 years. We picked up just where we left off. We had a good visit. She's a lot of fun. I got to meet her kids, who were very cute and lots of fun. I got to see her in her mom role, which is kinda cool, too. It's really interesting to see people who you knew as a child--in their parent role. I think of all my friends, her parenting style is most similar to mine (although she doesn't home school and she works outside the home out of necessity). That was kinda surprising to me. I don't know why.

My mom gave us money for the boy's birthday presents (which are next month). The second one got his Christmas money, too, so he could get a new bike. His old one is crapped out. We let him go ahead and buy it. Part of me says that a good parent would make him wait until Christmas, but I agreed to it anyway.

I ran out of diapers today. I think that was the first time ever in almost 10 years of diapering. The amazing thing is, he actually stayed dry until we got to the store to buy them. I got pull-ups instead. The first baby, I thought pull-ups were a really bad method. Ha. Anyway, the pull-ups were about 4 cents more per unit than diapers. Maybe I can take him to the potty and get this thing going. Part of me still says to wait until he's 3. The other part says it would be great if he were out of diapers and give it a whirl.

I also went to a Christian bookstore to look at language arts workbooks for my 1st/2nd grader. I was unimpressed. I thought the prices were too high for what they were. I ended up getting a cheap workbook at SAM's. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing for now. The only one I didn't get to look at (because it was sealed) was the AO lifepacs. They cost $50 for a year's worth, so I'm not sure I really want to pay that anyway.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Why is it that I miss you the most after I've just seen you? I really do need to try to make a trip up there by myself.

Camezi said...

I feel the same way. Sometimes after I have just talked to S.K. on the phone for an hour, I have to go immediately email her and tell her what I forgot to say.