Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!




Big news this week: the swing set (bought last year by the grandparents for Christmas) is finished. Here's Allister putting on the finishing touches the day before it got cold. He has had 3 different people help him (4 if you count me) over the past year to get this monstrosity up. If we ever buy another one of these, we are paying somebody to build it on site!



Today it snowed almost the whole day. Really cool to have snow on Thanksgiving. I wish I had gotten out to take pictures. The snow looked really cool on the colored leaves still on the trees. Maybe I can do it tomorrow. It didn't "stick" to the ground very much today. I'm hoping that there will be a blanket of snow on the ground in the morning so that we can get some good pictures for the Christmas cards that Wendy is making.


I also got the tree up today! We bought this one on clearance last year for like $25 after Christmas. It's a little lopsided, but that's because M pulled on it for a long time trying to get a different topper on it, one which I didnt' like. I think it's time to get a new one after Christmas this year. Uh. . . maybe even before. Tree skirt is also on the list. I might have to make one, though. Traditional colors won't work for this tree.



Allister is working, so this *evening* he woke up to a new Christmas tree, snow on the ground, white *turkey* chili and pumpkin cheesecake. Life doesn't get much better than that, does it? (Ok, so maybe if he didn't have to go to work, that would be better.) I had a good day. I think I will put up the Christmas tree when the kids are asleep next year. I don't work well with 4 little people trying to "help"!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

THAT"S THE TREE I WANT!!!! I wish I would have thought about that last year when I was pregnant and knew that our house would have to be rearranged. I, too, could have gotten a clearance tree. Looks beautiful! Hope you get a good picture - one that I don't have to doctor up so much.

beautiful chaos said...

I love your tree!
The color of the outside of your house is so cute!!
That's great swingset - I guess I'll know who to call if we ever get one!!hehehe You guys would be up for it, right?
OOOOoooooo - I wish i could see your house!
We may be coming up that way for Christmas! If you're in town, maybe I'll crash your pad!!