Friday, January 11, 2008

It's Friday

So, I did start school. Ugh. It's so much easier not "doing school." It always tough for us to transition after a break. E cried about it both days that we "did school." Maybe he thinks that if he cries, I won't make him do it?!

Ang, MVP stands for Mitral Valve Prolapse, if you are a cardiologist. It means that the mitral valve is prolapsed. Ha. In other words, I have a heart murmur caused by a leak in one of the valves because it's not shaped right. It's "prolapsed." According to the cardiologist, it's nothing. It just means that I should take an antibiotic before a teeth cleaning or surgery because there is a higher risk of my heart getting an infection. According to my internet research, it causes other things: chest pain, fatigue, palpitations, dizziness, lightheadedness, shortness of breath, anxiety, panic attacks, headaches, mood swings, low exercise tolerance. Yeah, it's nothing. There are more. I read about a diet to help with the symptoms. They suggest things like making sure you get enough protein and avoiding sugar and coffee. I really do notice that I feel better when I eat more like they suggest. Coffee (regular) really does a number on me. I get lightheaded when I don't eat enough protein. So, anyway, it was nice when the lady doing the echo validated the fact that it affects how I feel---ha ha--and I can blame my mood swings on my "heart condition." The funny thing is, the "magic" herbs I'm taking are for hormone balance and I thought hormones were my problem. She says it's all the MVP. Weird.

I started digital scrapbooking. I need Wendy to come and show me her tricks. :) The book Mom gave me doesn't say much about scrapbooking, but it gives a lot of pointers on how to fix pictures, which is pretty cool.

Tonight I went to check on the kids to make sure they went to sleep. I looked in Iz's bed and found E. I was like, "Where the heck is Iz?" I started to leave the room, and there he was in the doorway, asleep on the floor with his blankie and cup. How did I manage not to step on him when I went in the room?! And what was he doing sleeping there?! ha ha

I got a new toy to play with my hair. My old 6 yr. old flat iron quit heating on one side, so I had a good excuse to buy a new one. I got a wet/dry one. Pretty cool. It works WAY better than my old one as far as straightening dry goes. The wet thing is kinda tricky, though. You actually have to do it twice: Once on wet/low setting to dry it. Then, once on dry/high setting to get it straight.

My next door neighbor likes to drink. He knows that I don't drink. I just don't like it. Every once in a while, he pours a tiny bit in a wine glass for me to try. Ick. Well, tonight he gave me one I like. Some fruity one that's cherry. Yum. I still like Welches Cherry Sensation better, but that wine (or whatever it was) was yummo. Don't worry, I only had about 6 sips. I have a feeling that he's going to keep some on hand for me now, though. He's always trying to get me to drink.

3 comments:

Elayne said...

I saw your comment about doing your first digi page...so when are we going to see it?

Wendy said...

So the herbs were for your hormones, but really the problems were the MVP? But the herbs still work? Those are magic.
Wouldn't it be the coolest for me to come there and spend like a whole day just us digi-scrapping? I could show you all this cool stuff. Your neighbor would make us drinks. The kids would just sit quietly playing together and leave us alone. Then little fairies would come over and cook dinner, clean, and put the kids to bed.

kablot spot said...

hehe! i think it's funny that your neighbor has corrupted you. luckily, i enjoy a little 'hair of the dog' on occasion myself. keep that to yourself, though. i would hate for that to get out-- like on the internet, for instance. that would ruin my reputation.