I feel that I have emerged into the next phase in life. This is the exhausting phase that follows giving birth, nursing and caring for babies for years on end. It's a whole new kind of fatigue. The former phase depleted my limited energy in its own right. Now I enter the next stage of weariness: The Harried Mom Phase. I cannot possibly contrast the differences adequately. I never wanted to be this busy. It's insane.
Sunday--church twice + nursery duty (Keeping in mind that I must prepare four lazy, disobedient, and evidently partially deaf children for every event in a timely manner!)
Monday--home school (3 different grades, interrupted by a spirited toddler), gym, and cub scouts
Tuesday--home school, soccer and gym
Wednesday--home school and catch up on chores
Thursday--home school, gym, ballet, and soccer
Friday--home school, home school group meeting and lunch/park time
Saturday--clean entire house (because the Lord knows I didn't get to it the other days) and soccer game (which takes 2 hours, plus preparation time)
Between all of the activities listed above, I am expected to cook or prepare 3 meals a day (except when we eat out Sunday night), clean, fold, iron and hang clothes, sheets, towels, etc. for 6 people, 2 of which suffer from enuresis (dictionary time), keep my beautiful home organized, clean and peaceful, remember everyone's name, what they are supposed to be doing and their preferences, stay calm, cool and collected. . .take care of myself, be an attentive, loving wife and have some resemblance of sanity and sainthood. In addition, I've taken on the responsibility of my sweet, employed neighbor's laundry to earn additional income. 10 loads this week, plus 2 hours of ironing.
I write this not to complain, but to warn. I didn't see this coming. I tried to escape it. Please beware of the harried mom phase. And beware of the harried mom.

6 comments:
Big Hugs...Feel the same...I wish I can see you thins friday, we can laugh about it!
Thanks, but I think we'll just stop at 3.
You aren't suppose to comment on MY blog about YOUR blog. Keep your comments in the right place! Actually, on second thought, if that's the only way I'm going to get comments, keep 'em coming.
PS I think that blog rating system is a bunch of . . .well, you know. They take 3 seconds to decide what writing level your blog is at? Whatever!
enuresis: incontinent of urine
incontinent: unable to control urinary sphincter
I just quit cooking and my kids play instruments and video games instead of sports (now that they're older). I cook so seldom that I get all kinds of praise now when I do. It's nice. I've been trying really hard not to volunteer in nursery for now, but feel like a must look a little lazy.
Post a Comment