Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pop Goes the Weasel

It's seems like a bullet day:
  • Iz has been sick with a fever for a few days. He's complaining about his tummy today.
  • M's team won their last soccer game, which makes them undefeated this season. They got trophies. They qualify for a tournament in Dallas in a few weeks.
  • I most likely have a sinus infection; I'm feeling pretty worn out. I probably should go to the doctor.
  • I'm contemplating switching curriculum in a few months. Please pray for me to hear from the Lord on this. School has been not good for a while. I don't blame the curriculum, but I feel like maybe we need a fresh start and something new--a change. I'm looking at one called "My Father's World." For those of you who know what I'm talking about, it's Charlotte Mason style and classical (5 year cycle of history in chronological order). It was put together by missionaries and I believe their profits go to Bible translation, if I understand the website correctly.
  • A worked a week on the day shift. I liked seeing him in the evenings.
  • I have been reading a YWAM biography on William Booth to E and Z for school. He is the man who started the Salvation Army. It is a very interesting story. Today I learned what the song, "Pop Goes the Weasel" is about. It's about pawning your possessions to have money to drink alcohol. Nice children's song, huh? It's like "Ring Around the Rosey" being about the plague. If you can ever get your hands on these biographies that YWAM puts out, I whole-heartedly recommend them. They are wonderful, inspirational, God focused, easy-to-read and exciting biographies of missionaries and key historical figures (such as Ben Franklin). They included information about the times and places that they lived. I have learned a lot reading them. We read one on the Wright Brothers, which included a lot of interesting facts about aerodynamics. Great books!

5 comments:

Enid said...

David is wanting History, we need to talk....!

Wendy said...

Pop Goes the Weasel? I don't get it.

Elayne said...

Hope you both are feeling better

Elayne said...

Tell Seven Danforth's thank you for commenting on my blog...her's is private so I can't tell her.

Finding Joy in Him said...

Suzanne uses MFW and loves it.. a couple of years now.

Hope you hear from God.

J