Well, I ordered Alpha Omega Lifepacs today. I really don't know why I didn't do this at the beginning of the year (Jan/Feb). I guess I just had to try Saxon Math. The attitudes my kids had about Saxon has made our school very unpleasant. I have just been holding on, hoping and praying that their attitudes would change. I looked into just about every curriculum out there. I looked at Christian and public schools.
When we were using SOS, the problems we had were with computer issues and Science and Social Studies. So, I'm going back to Alpha Omega and getting EVERYBODY Language Arts and Math Lifepacs. I gave M and E diagnostic tests that took them 3 days to complete. It was pure torture. In the end, E will fill in some gaps for 3rd grade and start 4th sometime in the Spring for both LA and Math. M tested out of 7th grade Math, so he will start 8th grade Math and do 7th grade LA. I didn't test Z, but I looked at the 1st grade tests and decided just to start her at the beginning. It might be very easy at first, but she can do extra and catch up or get ahead. Allister said that we should just stick to the same curriculum after this (about the only school opinion he's ever given me) . . . so hopefully, this will be a good thing. We will stay with My Father's World for the other subjects. I have been pleased with it. I'm a little unsure about high school, but I have another year to think and pray about that.
The whole high school thing actually scares me. I'm not sure about all the record keeping and what needs to be studied, etc. I'm sure I can find out and figure it out, but I'm seriously contemplating Christian school for high school, but even the Christian schools have worldly kids who abuse drugs, drink, and have sex. Not sure if high school is a time to send out or still a time to protect.

2 comments:
That's funny about A having an opinion. To make your blog update on the blog lists, sign in on dashboard and under your blog list, there is a reading list. Add your own blog to your reading list.
Blessed you girl! Can't even think about High school!
Post a Comment