Thursday, March 11, 2010

Honest Scrap Award

I don't understand what the Honest Scrap Award really is. I'm not passing it on because my friends quit blogging and my family was already tagged.

10 True Things about Me (that you may not know)
. . . and I'm trying to keep it positive. . it's a lot easier for me to confess my faults, so this will be a challenge.

1. I have a lot of interests, but nothing that I'm just really passionate about (other than pursuing God. . .and probably still not passionate enough).
2. I'm good at almost everything I try, but not outstanding at anything.
3. I taught myself to play clarinet a little when E was a baby and read all the Janette Oke books. He was an "easy" baby. . . unlike M, whom the nursery named, "the screamer."
4. I read (past tense) so many parenting and home schooling books that I'm confused about what or who is right because they all say something different. Sometimes I wished I hadn't.
5. I took a year and a half of college French. I don't remember a lick of it, but I do remember it was VERY easy to learn with my Spanish experience. (They are both latin based languages, so there are a lot of similarities.) I almost minored in French, but the upper level Spanish and French classes were offered at the same time, so I changed it to Communications instead (majored in Spanish).
6. I didn't care much about grades until college. I had a 3.9 GPA when I graduated.
7. I was very close to getting a license to minister in the Foursquare church. I was almost done with all the work (I had to read a few books and answer questions--I don't remember what all I had to do, but I was really close to finishing) when I got engaged to Allister and left the Foursquare church to attend church with him (which happened to be the charismatic church I went to with my parents from age 10-17).
8. The most fascinating book I've ever read, not including the Bible, was My Life with Bonnie and Clyde. That even sounds absurd to me, but it's true. I don't really read that much, other than what we do for home school and Bible study. Occasionally I will get curious about a certain topic and research it on the internet.
9. For every positive thing I am writing, I'm thinking of 5 negative ones.
10. I accidentally made the best soup EVER for dinner tonight!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

That's funny, that you put #2. I almost put the same thing about myself. Your friends quit blogging? Sorry about that. Mine are slacking, too. I'm keeping up with mine b/c since I quit scrapbooking, I'm going to need it to refer back to.

Finding Joy in Him said...

Wow! I don't think I knew any of those things. I pretty much quit reading those parenting/homeschooling books. I have two I still want to read.. but I have a hard time making myself. They are really good but I feel like they bring up stuff I am not ready to deal with. I want to just spend more time at Jesus' feet.

Elayne said...

I forgot I knew all that! Would you like to write mine for me?