Thursday, September 2, 2010

First Week of Full Schedule

Well, first of all, I have to say, having an ear infection sucks. I am feeling much, much better today overall, but my ears are still not right. I have a few days of antibiotics left.

Our schedule is going pretty well. The kids are amazingly getting their school work done. I've figured out that I can easily cram the 4 days of History and Science into Mon., Tues., and Wed., so that we have none of that on Thurs. and Fri. I really like that. I'm not giving them much school at all to do on Thurs. and Fri. since they did it all summer and home school group and Bible study is very school-ish. That makes those two days so much more enjoyable. Now, I just need to get them to do everything a little earlier in the day so that we can add the bonus subjects that I want: Spanish, Guitar and more Writing.

Meanwhile, Allister has been offered a day position at work. It's the exact same job on days. He said he would try it. He's afraid that the shifts will be more difficult. I am hoping it will be good for him. I'd like him to be home at night. I think it would be good for our marriage. Plus, I'm scared he'll become an insomniac with all the switching back and forth from days to nights and I don't like that he sleeps on his days off. Right now he's grouchy because he's off and he's noticing that the house got messy this week while I was sick. It will be funny if he reads this.

2 comments:

Finding Joy in Him said...

Sorry about your ear ache. So wonderful that your first week of school went well. "Bonus subjects" - you crack me up! I have always had those on my list, but had never given them a name. Just thought, "In a perfect world, we would get to do this, this and this, too." Sometimes we did. :-)

Elayne said...

I think he will like days. Hope you feel better and very glad to get the good report on school!