Mom has been asking what I'm eating, so I thought I'd write a few of my go-to meals down here.
Breakfast:
Usually I cut up fruit, add a little organic, low sugar, whole grain cereal, flax meal and nuts. . . topped with a little almond milk (just enough to get it wet). This is REALLY yummy.
I have also successfully made pancakes. I used almond or rice milk instead of cow's. And flax meal instead of an egg. (Chrystal told me about this idea. It works great for pancakes.) The kids LOVE them. (Of course, they are whole wheat and we use real maple syrup.)
I made blueberry muffins one day. They were ok, but not as good as the ones I used to make with animal products.
Lunch:
Usually I have a salad. I put as many different veggies as I like on it, nuts, sometimes fruit, and I use a salad dressing that is vegan (anything that is natural and doesn't have animal products).
Dinner:
Beans and rice with salsa. (I'm also allowing myself a moderate amount of tortilla chips if they are non-GMO.)
Sauted veggies over rice, in a pita or with potatoes. (This is my favorite: onions, potatoes, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms with olive oil and Italian seasonings {garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, etc.} E loves this, too.)
Vegetable soup.
Pasta with marinera sauce and veggies instead of meat.
Snacks:
Fruit, raw veggies, another salad.
Peanut butter.
Fruit and Greens Smoothie (This can be really delicious. I was surprised!)
Herbal Tea with Stevia

No comments:
Post a Comment