Hum. . . now I've got to think of something clever for Mom.
It's kinda hard to think when your two year old is throwing tantrums because he didn't take a nap and his sister is taunting him. For two and a half hours, I spanked him every time he came out of his bed. He won. Now, he's screaming and crying. Hum . . .
Thanks, Mom, for putting up with me.
I didn't know what a pain I could be.
Now that I know it,
I've already blown it.
Now I have to pay for it, you see?
You told me it'd be this way,
I brushed your pessimism at bay.
Now that I know it,
I've already blown it.
And I pay for it every day.
Thank God we are saved by grace.
'Cause I'd have a case
For going to hell
As much as I yell.
Jesus, help me run this race.

2 comments:
Poor you... Some days I'm reminded that singleness is not too bad. Some days I need it. Today was one of those days. Thanks.
Well, my little poet....I am also very glad we are saved by grace. Otherwise...bad news for all of us sinners. We gotta just keep moving from glory to glory!
Thank you for the poem!
Post a Comment