Allister asked his boss for the transfer. She asked him to apply for another position in another ICU that she is responsible for. It would allow him to work days for the same pay as he gets for working nights and it would be less stress because it's a smaller ICU. I got a little excited at the prospect of my partner being awake when I'm awake and asleep when I'm asleep. It would make the days off much more enjoyable for me--not to mention evenings at home with him. Well, as it turns out, Allister's boss' boss hired someone for that position without telling her, so it's not available. The good news is that it makes his decision to move to NICU easy. Bad news is that he will have to continue to work nights to keep up with our bills. He has to wait another 6 weeks to make the move. His current boss needs him to stay until some nurses are off orientation. She can hold him for longer if she wants to, since it's a transfer and not moving hospitals. He is looking forward to switching. He likes the people in NICU and it's less stressful and less physically taxing. (No 500lb patients in NICU! You know they have to be turned over every so often and it is not an easy task.) Also, the babies cry, but they are suppose to cry. That's not as bad as the grown ups screaming and telling you that you are trying to kill them. One of Allister's co-workers sent me a facebook friend request. On her favorite quotes was something Allister said. "Sometimes you have to find a balance between pain management and death." (explaining to a family member why they couldn't give the patient more narcotics).
Is it weird that I'm blogging about my husband's job? I'm bored with my own. lol
Prayer requests:
1. I really need to find joy in what I do again. I know it's an attitude problem. I know that I need to change my perspective. It's easier said than done.
2. I'm still fighting fatigue. I'm exhausted most of the time. Allister wants me to see a doctor about it. I don't like doctors and I don't think they will fix it.
Recently, I have learned the benefits of putting a child in time out. I've never really got time out before. Iz totally doesn't cooperate, so I'm not using it on him. I refuse to chase him back into time out until he cooperates. He is too stubborn and I don't have that kind of energy. Spankings work just fine and they are perfectly legal in Texas. However, for Z and E and sometimes M, for minor offenses--they are great. They are quiet for 5-10 minutes and it stops the bickering.
M mowed the lawn this week with supervision. I love that he's getting old enough to do more work! LOL
Z got some "new" clothes from the neighbor this week. I love that F is bigger than Z and that she has cool clothes to hand down. She is also looking forward to being a flower girl in a friend's wedding in December.
Iz is becoming more independent. He is going to the potty more often on his own and he can unbuckle himself at the appropriate time. That probably sounds minor, but it saves me walking around the van, reaching in the back and unbuckling him every time we get out of the car. He is also learning to dress himself: something Z didn't do until just recently. (She prefers other people doing things for her over independence.)

2 comments:
So A will still work nights when he's in the NICU?
I can't wait until Z can unbuckle himself. That'd be a BIG help.
I hope they really let him go in 6 weeks. They have a tendency to stretch those things out as long as they can. And those 500 pounders...on the rehab unit, not only do you have to turn them, but you have to pick them up off the floor and get them back in bed when they fall. I'll not mention that they were getting up to use the bathroom when they fell, and the complications of that function.
Post a Comment