A ballet skirt was not required. I thought I would take Diana's advice and have her earn a skirt. Well, I never really set that up. . .and ALL of the other girls had skirts. She didn't even say anything about it until I mentioned it. She didn't beg for one or whine (a miracle). I looked at several stores to find an inexpensive one (i.e. under $10). I couldn't find one. So, I went to the only dance store in town (where you have to get your shoes if you want them to last) and paid $15.10 for this stupid little skirt so that my daughter wouldn't be the ONLY girl not wearing a skirt to class. It's actually nice to have one when you curtsy (see demonstration below). It was the last pink one left in her size. There was a pink one with flowers, but . . . fasten your safety belts. . . it was $23.50!


2 comments:
I probably would have given in, too. It's hard being a girl.
Hope she is having a great time. Being the only girl she should get all the girliness in that she can. Our poor girls.
Post a Comment