Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Babies
I don't have time to blog about the trip tonight. I just wanted to say, NO, seeing the baby did NOT make me want another one. I still think of pain when I see a pregnant woman. Not the pain of childbirth. . . that is only one day and there's epidurals for that. The pain of carrying the baby: backaches, leg cramps, nausea, the baby pressing on nerves and getting in ribs, swelling and mood swings. When I hold a newborn, yes, they smell good, they are sweet, cute and tiny. Their skin is soft and their hair like silk. They are innocent and cuddly. I want to hold them and kiss them and give them back when they cry. I think of sleeplessness nights, delirium, frustration, sore nipples, thrush (which is about the worse pain EVER), never-ending crying, unwanted advice. . .and mostly wanting to go to sleep more than anything in the world and not being able to. All of that lasted way too long with my babies and I have NO desire to do that ever again. . . unless they were adopted, bottle fed, and the other kids were in school . I'd also need to have access to and the ability to pay a sitter so I could nap or just needed help. I love babies, but thank God for vasectomies because I can not do it again. This is going to come back and bite me, isn't it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Humm, bite bite!! You!! In some way you are right! :-) That is why I am so ready for grandkids! !!
yeah...you'll probably be pregnant next month!! LOL!
I, too, think of all those things when I see pregnant women and babies. You think that'd be enough to keep me from that predicament.
Yeah. I vote for skipping the kids and going straight to the grandchildren.
"If becoming a grandmother was only a matter of choice, I should advise every one of you straight away to become one. There is no fun for old people like it!" ~Hannah Whithall Smith
Post a Comment