It's come to my attention that it's been a while since I've blogged. I have been pretty busy for me. Not J.D. busy, but none the less busy. I'm not even sure that I can tell you what exactly I've been busy doing.
Most recently, my sister, Wendy and her family came to visit. We had a really good time. I love them SOOO much. We went to a water park, swimming, shopping, we watched "Raising Helen," cooked and cleaned up afterwards, and managed 7 kids between us ages 0-11. Comments on those activities:
1. The kids got along great.
2. We saw a dead mouse in the lazy river.
3. Bodyworks jacked up their prices on guest entry fees.
4. I bought M 2 pair of pants and 2 shirts. I bought myself 3 shirts and a pair of green khaki capris. M didn't want me to buy the shirts because they were too expensive. Normally, I wouldn't pay $15 for a shirt--ever. But, it was tax free and the boy has to have clothes AND my mom paid for our water park and swimming, so I was feeling generous.
5. Raising Helen was pretty good. Worth seeing, but not one I'd want to see over and over again. I did laugh out loud more than once.
6. I wish my family lived here!
Other things we have done:
1. Kid Day with the Davidson's, which included picnic at the park, $3 movie and swimming. (I stopped to buy my kids candy after the movie because I didn't buy them any snacks at the movie theater and Malachi said something like, "Mom, stop being so nice to us! I feel like you are spoiling us. You are acting like Granny and it's scaring me!" LOL I told him to enjoy it because I was going to be back to my old self after we were done swimming.
2. My kids started taking Tae Kwon Do with our old pastor. We are on a month trial, but I think we are going to let them stay in. It doesn't work perfectly with Z's ballet schedule, but pastor said she can work out for free when she can. He said she's good at it. Ballet and TKD probably benefit one another. I think E does well with it, too. The main reasons I'm willing to do this class for them are #1. They need something to do to keep them out of trouble. (I do NOT want the cops at my door EVER again! That's another story for those of you who don't know.) #2. It's taught by our old pastor and I know that he will be a good influence for them. He's going to teach them some really good values that carry over into their lives, not just TKD. #3. It's great exercise. It teaches strength, control and flexibility.
3. School. We have been doing summer school on days that we aren't busy. I have added some things to our curriculum and it is a full day's worth. They could probably get it done faster, but right now they are testing me to see how long I can stand doing school in a day! I'm not sure that I'm passing that test. I'm working on it.
This week I am starting a community Bible study that has a home school program. I have to leave in 45 min and every one's asleep and I'm not dressed, yet. So, I'd better get a move on. My Thursdays are going to be very busy:
9-11:15 Bible Study
1-2 writing class for E and M
4:30-5:30 ballet
5:30-6:30 TKD
Writing and ballet don't start until after Labor Day.
I'll tell you my cop story if you ask me.

5 comments:
Yeahh, welcome to TKD world...it will fun to see you more often girl! Even dow e will bump into each other twice on Thursday!! Yeah!
Good for you....I am glad you found something for the boys to be involved in. I know you were searching. Any word from Big Man Upstairs on youth?
yes, please tell the cop story.
Somebody else needs to ask for the cop story. She won't tell it for me.
You need to blog the cop story. You'll want to keep it in your online journel for M when he has teens.
Post a Comment