- I have SO not been working out. I think I'm going to have to get a video. It's getting light later and later. . . then I think I need to start school soon.
- M moved up to youth. I was kinda nervous about this, but I think it's going to be OK. Apparently he was nervous, too. He showed me how he had bitten the skin off his finger. He gets that from his dad. Nail biting. . . who knew that was genetic?
- I went back to Kohl's with my Kohl's cash. I got jeans, 3 more shirts and M some jeans. The prices had dropped, of course. You'll save MORE if you go AFTER the tax free weekend! This didn't surprise me, of course. This is the first year I've ventured out for tax-free weekend.
- I'm trying a new thing for school. It's basically a form that I am filling out with the days of the week across the top and the subjects down the side. I fill out what they are to do each day, like a "goal chart." I have them show me their work when they are done and then I initial it. Or if it's me reading to them, I initial it when I'm done. This is just a way to show them what I expect each day and keep them accountable. (They have been asking me for a list, which I think is funny because M used to get overwhelmed when I put everything on the board to check off.) And for me, it keeps me accountable for what I am skipping and not skipping. Sometimes I get tired and I'm like, "Let's just skip that today!" Which is OK every once in a while, but not too much. I've already done it this week for M's science because he isn't ready for a test and I found out he had skipped some assignments. I grounded him for it and we are going to go back and do them before he takes the test.
- Do you ever have something exciting you want to tell people, but you know they are going to ask questions that you aren't supposed to answer for another person's privacy, so then you don't tell them at all, but you are so super excited?!
- Someone tonight complimented my complexion. I thought it was sweet, but kinda funny with my zits, under-eye circles, and freckles. I keep telling myself that what's causing those zits is what's keeping me from wrinkling. It's just a hypothesis I made up that makes me feel better about getting zits at 30-something. LOL If I can't be skinny, maybe I can at least look young. :)
- I will tell the cop story another day. I'm not in the mind-set to do that tonight. And I'm pretty sure M will be really upset if he knew I blogged about it. He is so embarrassed.
- I am really excited about what God has been doing in my life in the last several months. I can't wait to see what else He has in store! The Scriptures is more alive to me than it's ever been. I get so excited about our History and Science lessons. They are written in a way that glorifies God so much. Sometimes I get choked up while I'm reading the books to the kids. They probably think I'm crazy! LOL I read these stories and the Lord just starts speaking to my heart. It's just wonderful! I've gone so many years where I felt like I was in a desert place and the Lord just didn't feel close. My spirit felt so dry. Now I feel like I am being lead by streams of water, refreshing my spirit and my soul. I thank the LORD for what He has done!
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
I feel like bullets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
YEAH!!! So glad you feel like you are near the waters edge...being fed...instead of in the desert. And btw, you cant post bullet 5 without elaboration. Please elaborate if you can : ).
Bullet 5 is just wrong. It's something about me, isn't it?
Allister? It's about him, right?
When we get to a sad part in a book or movie, the kids stop looking at the screen or whatever and stare expectantly at me with a big smile waiting for me to cry.
I didn't cry like that until our friend Danny died. Now I cry for everything.
Post a Comment