Sunday, April 11, 2010

For Aunt Jenny

What's going on at my house:
  • The new windows are installed. They look great. I'm looking forward to lower energy bills! Now, we've got to get those blinds back up.
  • Z and Iz are both riding bikes without training wheels. I should post pictures. Every time I get the camera hooked up to the computer, I get frustrated. I know it's simple. I just manage to mess it up.
  • We are starting a life group next Sunday at 6pm. Allister's focus is worship and healing. He's been inviting people from work, school and coffee shops. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.
  • We had a plumbing issue just before the window people were supposed to show up and I spent the better part of one day sucking up water from the carpet with the steam vac. I ended up with a very sore shoulder. I still need to go back and use cleaner on it now that it's dry, but I hesitate because my shoulder is starting to feel better today and I don't want to messed that up. On the other hand, the hall is full of stuff that's supposed to be in the closet and E's room is in disarray.
  • The Dream Center is opening next week. I have more to say about that, but I will save it for later.
  • The big boys took their yellow belt tests for Tae Kwon Do. Both of them broke the board on the first try. I felt proud because not all of the kids were able to do that. (Breaking the board is just part of the test.)
  • The big boys are taking an art class in April at LCU.
  • Z got her recital costume. It's jade. I love that color.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I am dubbing you "bullet girl."

Finding Joy in Him said...

They broke a board with their hand!?!
Sounds like a wonderful life group. Wish I could come. Thanks for all the news!!

Elayne said...

Those boys are amazing. Loved their photos on facebook.