Thursday, April 15, 2010

More of what's going on at our house:

(I know how much Wendy likes bullets.)
  • Jenny, the boys broke the boards with their bare feet. I couldn't get your comment to post.
  • I sang, played guitar, and read a story at Bible study this morning. It is the largest crowd I have ever played for and I have never done it all alone. I was so nervous.
  • Allister finally has a few days off without having to study. I'm stoked. I feel like I haven't seen him in forever. He wants to take the boys to Amarillo on Tuesday for a concert.
  • Our pastor called me this week and asked if Allister and I would pray about being one of the "core" people who minister at the Dream Center. I told him that I already had that in my heart. I hope the associate pastor wasn't mistaken when he told me that the services would be bilingual. I will be so disappointed if they are completely in English. I really hope we have some Spanish songs. Soy una mexicana en mi corazon. Services start there on Sunday morning.
  • Tomorrow we are having a big meeting at our home school group. I am very excited about where God is taking us with this group. We are making some really neat changes. I love this group so much and am feeling extremely grateful to be a part.
  • Jenny, your plaid couch has a new home. God brought it to our attention someone who had no furniture at all could really use it. We gave them a vacuum cleaner, too. We had two because M found a perfectly good one by the dumpster.
  • Saturday, the Dream Center is having a huge Grand Opening. Hopefully this rain will quit so that we aren't partying in the mud! I am grateful for the rain, though. I like it when there are flowers in my garden and grass in my lawn.
  • Sunday we start our life group, but I already mentioned that. I'm still wondering who will show up and what Allister's plans are. Maybe we can talk about that tonight.

4 comments:

Jenifer Davidson said...

You are a busy beaver! I am excited about all that God is doing in and through you and Allister. Enjoy your hubby time!

Wendy said...

I think the Dream Center sounds awesome! I think it's great that you're going to get to be a part of that!

beautiful chaos said...

I love it! So glad you are stepping out and using your gifts in just about every area of your life. Guitar... Spanish... leading a home group... singing in front of hundreds of people... Giving to those in need...
Wow. You inspire me!


(I realize that this is kinda gushy, but I must admit, your bullet-pointed post was truly inspirational! Good to hear from you!)

Elayne said...

I am excited about the dream center, too. Isn't it great that when we love our neighbor, God arranges it so we get just as much or more joy from it than they do!