So, it's a new year already! I can't believe it. How time flies! I now have a 14 year old and my youngest is already 6! I no longer shop in the little kid clothes section! I only have big kids and my oldest needs adult clothes. . . it's crazy.
I don't like to set myself up for failure, so I usually don't make resolutions, but God has recently been speaking to me about some things in my life. Since I believe these are some areas of change I believe He has called me to do, I believe I have the power of the Spirit behind me.
My first resolution is to dig deep in Scripture. I have a challenge before me because I have too many pre-conceived ideas and I'm too familiar with Scripture to just "prayerfully read" and learn something new. I am going to have to work harder and go futher to learn more about my King and His Kingdom and I have been suffiently motivated to do so.
The second one is to focus. My solution is to do fewer things and do them well. I need to let go of some good parts of my life so that I can have what's better. For example, Community Bible Study is a very good part of my life. I love it, but I have to let it go because I need Thursday mornings to have the best home school. We haven't been able to give our best to our home school squishing everything into 3 mornings a week. That's just one example. No telling how many things God might ask me to give up.
The last resolution is really about routine, discipline and order. This is something that I do really well on my own, but when face with getting 5 other people to cooperate. . . I run into problems. It is something I try to do over and over again and keep running into a brick wall. My kids fight me tooth and nail when it comes to routine. Allister's schedule is weird and changes from week to week and my temptation is to let it mess things up. I need to figure out how to make it work for our family. I'm going to need some divine help. I will go to the gym 4-5 times a week and I will go at the same time of day everytime. The kids are going to be doing some things at the same time of day everyday, too. I am really determined to establish a routine even if I have to take away EVERY privilege they have until I get it!

4 comments:
Very inspiring.
4 - 5 times a week at the gym - I'm not even there. I wish, but there's no way.
I thought you had put something on FB about spending more time with family - Does that mean more trips to SA? :)
Is awesome I am so glad I can witness this with you seet friend, you will get it! And you will succed!!
I had a revelation yesterday while watching Joseph Prince (of course) to make sure that your quite time is about receiving and not ministering.
Martha saw Jesus as a man who needed ministering to.. and stressed out about many things. Mary saw His inexhaustible fullness and drew from him.. and was later able to minister to Him in a very powerful way.. anointing Him for burial.
feeling seriously shallow here.
Post a Comment