Saturday, September 17, 2011

50's Day

This week at our home school group, we had our first 50's day. I had a lot of fun researching 50's fashion. Allister shopped for the boys' clothes. Mom shopped for Z's. Allister found some really good deals. Unfortunately, not everything fit right. :/ And even more unfortunately, I didn't get pictures earlier in the day. The boys were not cooperating when I took their pictures, so I tricked E into smiling.  He didn't really have his costume together anymore.


 Iz is dressed in a suit because men wore suits to work.  This was what I told him, anyway, to get one more use out of this suit that was handed down to us.  He's so handsome in it.  Allister found those black dress shoes for all the boys in resale shops for cheap!

The angle on M's picture is kinda weird.  I should have knelt down or something.  We were actually outside of Domino's waiting on our pizza to take home.  M slicked his hair back that morning, but by the time I got the picture, it was no longer in that position.  He also had some Buddy Holly type glasses, but you can barely see them in his pocket.


I tried to flip Z's hair out, but it was humid, so it didn't last.  My hair style didn't last either.  I put it in a pony tail before my class even started.  Allister found that scarf for her.  I found the saddle shoes at a resale shop for 93 cents!  And they were exactly her size!


Mom, I apologize.  We didn't get a picture of me.  I keep waiting for one to turn up on FB, but I haven't seen one, yet.  It wasn't that exciting, anyway.  I just had on a white 3/4 sleeve button up shirt, a brown a-line skirt, the turquoise checked apron that you made from Grandma's dress and shiny red shoes. . .and pearls, of course.  I bought red lipstick, which I couldn't find that morning and red nail polish to match my shoes.  Except for the apron and red lipstick, I will probably wear all those things again. . . maybe just not together. ;)

2 comments:

Elayne said...

everyone looks super. Hope you find a pic of you. Tell your friends your mom is going to hurt you if you don't come up with one.

Wendy said...

LOVE Z's costume. Can't believe you found those shoes!