Today the toilet backed up into the shower and then the kitchen sink backed up. Someone came out to fix it. He said it was fixed and I paid him. The kitchen sink backed up again. Allister's mad at me for not checking his work. I can't wash dishes and I can't mop--which needs to be done. Maybe I can use the bathroom for those jobs--if those drains work.
We spent $35 on a pair of tennis shoes for M yesterday. That's way more than we've ever spent before. I think the most we've ever spent on kids' shoes was $15. The rationale is that he is growing slower now and he is harder on his shoes. Maybe the more expensive shoes will last longer. The ones from Walmart only lasted 4 months and they stank up the entire house. They were awful.
Allister decided to put in a transfer notice at work and switch to the babies. Except, he can't actually talk to his boss about it until Friday because she went out of town again. He's anxious to make the switch now that he finally decided. He hopes that it will be less stressful. I think it will. He generally comes home every morning after work talking about how hard his job is and all the bad stuff that happened. On the nights that he's worked with the babies, he comes home in a much better mood, less tired and talking about how cute those babies are. Seems like a no-brainer to me, but what do I know? He also decided not to take the test he's been taking classes for and paid for. It was for a certification that would help him in his current job, but not with the babies.
I decided to use the schedule I made as a place to put stars for a job completed. Each child get an allowance rate for 25 stars. Rates go up with age. We'll see how it goes. So far, it's going pretty well.
We had 3 birthday parties this week (Sat, Sun, and today). Well, we actually missed one because the kid didn't tell us it was at Main Event!!! We thought it was at his mom's house (on our block). The kids really missed out on that one! A huge bummer. Today's party was at a park and boy, was it hot! The cake was homemade, though, which was nice. I don't like those store-bought cakes. This Friday, we have a swim party to go to. I'm getting tired just thinking about it. Oh, wait. I'm already tired.

No comments:
Post a Comment