I decided to make a schedule for my kids yesterday. Maybe they will be accustomed to getting up now that they will have gotten up for VBS for a week. Any ideas on how to enforce a schedule? I've had trouble enforcing schedules in the past, but I really need them to follow one in order to get school done without complete chaos and stress. I don't do well with chaos. I think the kids were irritated with me yesterday because I was on the computer so long trying to figure out where to put everything on the schedule. They were hovering (even the neighbor kid) and saying, "You're STILL not done!" Well, it's not easy to figure out how I'm going to work with each child on a different grade level separately for some subjects, keeping the toddler occupied and taking turns with the computer part of school. It took me a while!
Regarding my last post:
Mom, I hate soap operas. They are so cheesy. That would just never do. Besides, we don't have even basic cable anymore and almost every station that we get is fuzzy and that's just annoying. I pretty much just watch Lost. Now I have to watch it online since they aren't showing them again until next year.
Things I could do:
1. Get a part-time job.
2. Volunteer.
3. Scrapbook.
4. Go to lunch with friends (of course I'd have to find some new ones that have time to do that).
5. Work out.
6. Plan and try new meals.
7. Garden.
8. Fix up the house (although, I would need the part-time job to have money to do that).
9. Read.
10. Go to school.

3 comments:
Any scheduling advice I think of just sounds like cheesy-duh-I-knew-that kind of stuff. Stickers for every task they complete in time followed by rewards for x# of stickers. I know when I taught, rewarding the group and punishing individuals worked well. Anyway, what do I know? PS I bought a paddle last week.
Actually, my suits are really cute. The blazers are short sleeved and the capris match. I also have long pants to wear with them if I need to.
You should ask them what would motivate them.
Post a Comment