Friday, August 15, 2008

TGIF

This has been one of those weeks. I normally am not a TGIF type of person because my job extends into the weekend and my husband works weekends. BUT home schooling this week has been a booger. Yesterday I was online looking at Christian schools that I can not afford. In 7 years of homeschooling, I've never done that before. I would have to get a job. . . and well, I was wondering if Target or Ross would hire me. Allister was like, "You are not getting a minimum wage job." Well, it's not like there are a lot of jobs to be had for people with useless college degrees and almost no work experience. Target and Ross could probably find someone with cashier experience and pass me over! Ok, so enough self-pity. . . I got a little wake-up call from God last night when I found out someone I know (nobody you know)--her husband up and left her for no reason last night and took 2 kids with him. Won't talk to her and won't tell her why. Got it! God says, "Stop complaining! It could be much worse."

Today we are going to a birthday party and after that, I'm focusing on our trip. I've got to pack for 6 people and try to keep the kids at bay so they don't tell me what to pack. (That is so irritating!) It will not be an easy task, but I am up to the challenge. I've done it before. Actually, I think it will be a bit easier than the last couple of times because I bought myself some clothes that fit this week (and I got some free ones, too ). I also decided that paying full price at Target isn't the end of the world, if you get some cute, well-fitted capris out of the deal. I'm feeling a sense of freedom, actually. Well, until I look at our budget, that is. . . oh, well. I'm looking forward to next week so much. I miss my husband!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Sorry about your rough week. I, too, am looking forward to next week, but not the weekend of packing, planning, and cooking.