Tuesday, February 3, 2009

One Last Thing Before I Crash

My other kids have some really great qualities as well. I want to point this out because I realize I have been bragging on M more than the rest. Honestly, M drives me crazy. He does some great things, but mostly he drives me crazy.

E is the sweet one. He's the one who would give you his last chocolate chip cookie. He's the one who would give all of his birthday money to the church. He's the one who would notice that you don't feel well and offer to help. He is a sacrificial giver and he has a heart of gold. He's the first one to give me a hug. He writes, "I love you, Mom." on his school work everyday. Plus, he has those irresistible, big, brown eyes!

Z is the cheerful one. She has a good attitude about life (most of the time). She's fully of energy and joy that will either inspire you to have fun and enjoy life. . . or irritate you because the "joyful noises" are just more than your heavy heart can take. She loves to sing songs to Jesus and make people feel loved. She will talk to a stranger and make friends quick as lightening. She kinda reminds me of the Shirley Temple characters who went around cheering everyone else up. And you should hear her quote the first 10 verses of James! She's so darn cute!

Iz. . . well. . . he's our clown. He loves to have fun and entertain. Also very cute, but in a cheeky way. He has determination and courage. He can stand his ground no matter what the consequence is. (I believe if anyone could stand up to torture, it would be him!) He notices how people react and he plays them. He gets this look in his eye and smiles. Sometimes I can tell that he's thinking up a way to entertain our guests. He studies them, does something to get their attention, and then looks for a response. Then, he acts on their response. Sometimes this is just plain funny. Sometimes, he's actually really irritating someone and he just likes to hear them scream. Sometimes. . . it's embarrassing, like when he found out, "oh my god" is used for a cuss word at age 2. (He knew the phrase from a worship song first.) He used it in context as a cuss word at the table with a group of friends, including the pastor! I know he was going for pure shock! Hopefully, we can win his heart for Jesus while he's young so that he can use this gift for the Kingdom. I think it would be a great gift for an evangelist! (Not cussing, but reading people.) But, the Lord knows we are going to have to reign in some of those impulses!

2 comments:

Finding Joy in Him said...

Princess J and I had a revelation the other day for you to share with Z when the time is right. When you're little you can eat as much as your three brothers and it's OK. But there comes a time when they can eat way more than you and not gain a pound. It's hard because with three teen boys meal time often feels like a competition and us girls don't like losing to the boys.

Princess J used to sing all the time.. I had to make up a rule that you weren't allowed to tell someone to stop singing when they were worshiping God. She was getting on certain of her brother's nerves but I knew she wouldn't be little and sing like that forever and wanted to enjoy it while I could.

Elayne said...

If becoming a grandmother was only a matter of choice, I should advise every one of you straight away to become one. There is no fun for old people like it! ~Hannah Whithall Smith