Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Kid Food Pt. 2

I think my neighbor read my blog. I went to lunch with her today. She told me that she's been putting healthy food in front of her daughter and not offering anything else. . . and that she's eating it. Imagine that. She will actually eat broccoli if she has no other choices. By the way, my previous blog should have read, "There are NO other choices." Sorry about that.

I agree, Kablot. It is important that you stick to your guns and not be too permissive when the kids are young. IF it's not a problem when they are little, it will be someday. Probably in their teens. I am also grateful that I had one of the "meanest" moms in the world, too. It made me a stronger, more dedicated, self-motivated, self-disciplined person. Most of our generation lacks some of the character that previous generations had because their parents spoiled them or were just permissive. I know that some people think that I'm too strict and "mean", but I don't really care. I'm responsible for how they turn out and I'm going to do what I think works.

No comments: