Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Week in Review

Well, girls, I've been busy. That's why the posts have been fewer. Last week without #2 was easier. It was quiet and I kept feeling like I was forgetting something. My older two fight a lot, so it was more peaceful with one of them gone. He made it back ok and I'm glad to have him, but they are already at each other's throats again.

#1's game was horrible. The other team had no subs (they were all sick) and we still lost 3-0. It was embarrassing.

We had a big barbecue at our house on Saturday evening. We invited people from my husband's work, from the neighborhood and from church. It was really a church bbq, but we didn't tell everybody that. There were more people not from church than from church there. There were 30 people total there. That includes us and my parents, who were back to drop off #2 after the trip. It went really well. I was so "high" on being with people that I could hardly sleep that night. It didn't help that every time I did fall asleep a little high girly voice would wake me up! We skipped church the next morning to spend time with my parents before they took off. We ate leftover turkey sausage for breakfast and the brisket that never got taken out of the oven during the party for lunch. I should have listened to my mother and left it in the oven on warm, instead of putting in the crock pot on low overnight. You can actually burn things in the crock pot.

Last night I got to go out with a young friend and paint at one of those ceramic places. I was really happy with my work when I was done; this is rare. It's going to be a gift and I was inspired to put some representation into it. It's really cool. I'll show it to you later. I have to wait for it to get fired. Tonight we are going on a date after soccer practice. Yeah! I'm so excited. I love having a sitter. This week I have a sitter for the soccer games because they are back to back and during naptime. I'm so glad that I don't have to bring that little guy to the games on Saturday!

No comments: