Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Lots of Crowns
My oldest son is really a character. If you've had the pleasure of knowing him, you'll know what I mean. He just doesn't always think like a boy his age. He, at age 9, is asking questions I didn't ask until I was at least in my 20's. He has been reading about salvation, heaven, hell, eternity, etc. in his Bible lessons in Switched On Schoolhouse. One of his questions said something like, "Where will you spend eternity and why?" His answer: "I don't know." I thought this was a puzzling answer because he gave his life to Jesus when he was about 5 and he has been reading about what it means to be saved, etc. So, I dug deeper. He starts going on about "how can we be sure?" "What if we think we believe, but we really don't?" "How do we know this is really true?" Those are BIG questions for a little boy. They were tough to answer, but I hope I gave him answers that satisfied him. I talked to him about faith and God's grace. It is wonderful to have the opportunity to have talks like that with my kids. Those kinds of days make me glad that I'm home schooling. Today, he was reading about the crowns believers receive in heaven. He was matching the crown up to the good deed: faithful ministers receive a crown of glory, soul winners receive a crown of rejoicing, etc. After he was done, he said, "Man, Papa's gonna have a lot of crowns!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment