So, I don' t know if I mentioned it, but last week was really bad for me. Home school has been terribly wicked because the kids have just not be cooperative. It has been progressively getting worse ever since Summer started. I hoped that the neighbors being in school would help, but it didn't. Sunday I had all I could take and that's part of the reason I was so emotional on Sunday. I was either going to have to put them in school (which really I don't want to do) or implement this lady's parenting techniques. I was really seriously going to do it and on Monday, the kids started being sooo much better. I don't know if it was just an answered prayer or if the kids saw what I was reading, but whatever it was: Thank God! Just for your information: the website used to be called "a trip to the woodshed" and she changed it.
I have more good news. I had hoped that son #2 wouldn't really like soccer that much. I knew #1 would. It seemed that #2 loved it. I was thinking I was going to have to do soccer every season or listen to the complaints and begging. Today, #2 told me that he doesn't like soccer that much. I was shocked!
I was like, "So, you don't want to do it again next year?"
He was like, "No, not really."
I'm like, "Hallelujah!"
Wendy, I have a box of winter clothes for Z all ready to go. A said he'd mail it tomorrow. He has to mail his eBay stuff anyway. So, don't buy anything. There's a lot in there.
And, my baby got written up at the gym again today. I think it's like the 3rd or 4th time. Don't let your big kids wrestle with your little kids. They will think it's the way to play and get in trouble in nurseries all the time. He bit a baby in the nursery on Sunday, too. A bunch of people told me that biting them back works. I tried that once. He laughed and held out his arm for me to do it again! Ok, so obviously I didn't bite hard enough, but I didn't want to be abusive and I wasn't sure how hard to bite. I thought it was a bad idea anyway, but I was desperate! Dumb. I've even heard him tell his sister, "Bite me." I know he will grow out of this, but it's so embarrassing when your kid is the biter!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(64)
-
▼
September
(19)
- Ranch Field Trip
- I finally got out!
- Huh?
- Getting Through It
- Oh Bother and Yeah!
- No Sitter For Me
- Baby is Sick
- Cutie Bug
- First Soccer Games
- A Mountain of Clothes
- Bite Me
- Delicious Lunch
- Today was nice. My 2nd boy finished his school wo...
- Home School Co-op
- AAAaaaaaa! Soccer Mom Freak Out!
- Water Resolved
- Laundry
- Soccer Mom Pt.2
- Water in the Garage
-
▼
September
(19)

4 comments:
Biting advice because you totally did NOT ask for it: :)
My son had a short stint as a biter.
We solved that problem by saying that if he felt he had no alternative to biting someone, he would have to bite whatever we chose for him to bite. Enter: bar of soap.
For every time he bit, he also got to sink his teeth into a tasty bar of soap on a rope...
I think we had to enforce it about 3 times...
Also, the suggestion I got from a teacher at my school was to pour vinegar in his mouth when he bit.
It won't hurt him, but he's not likely to forget the repercussions of his actions.
Alright, I hope this helped any. if for no other reason than the fact that I feel your pain.
Having a biter is the pits...
He'll grow out of it!
Thanks for the clothes. I'll have to get into the attic for some for Iz. Just so I don't have to read the whole website, is it about spanking?
Wendy--yes, it's about spanking, but really more than that. The general jest is to keep them in your sight at all times, nip everything in the bud, and make sure they do everything you say, exactly how you say to do it, with a good attitude; and most importantly, win every battle no matter what--never give up. She has ten children and says she rarely has to spank because she is so consistent. More importantly, she says she ENJOYS her children because they obey cheerfully.
Beautiful--I might try that bar of soap thing, but it usually happens when I'm not there (in the nursery) and by the time I get wind of it, it's too late. I believe he's too young to get "after the fact" discipline. At home, he knows he gets spanked, so it doesn't really happen at home. Today in the nursery, it wasn't biting. It was pushing (knocking a kid down and causing bruising) and hair pulling (pulling it OUT). I asked the worker if he was mad about something and she said that it seemed like he was playing because he was laughing about it. I find that disturbing, although I know what she means because I've seen him do that, too. He laughs when his brothers push him down. I think maybe he doesn't get that he is hurting them.
Post a Comment