Friday, September 14, 2007

A Mountain of Clothes

Last night we had the neighbors over for dinner. They have a daughter the same age as mine, but she's quite a bit bigger (mine is small). She brought over 2 big boxes of winter clothes for her. It was an obscene pile of clothing; I tell you. Man, if I knew that was coming I might not have spent so much at the resale shop! My daughter now has the largest wardrobe in the family again. She's so excited. She loves to dress up and she's easy to please. I hope she stays easy to please. I like dressing her up.

We have our first soccer games in the morning. Fun times. One game's at 10am and the other's at 4:30pm and we have a dinner to go to in the afternoon. I'm not sure I'm going to make that dinner. It's during the baby's naptime.

The older boy's coach has got me all worried again. Evidently, you don't have to win to go to tournament. Any team can go and he wants them to go. It is out of town. That means hotel rooms. That means lots of money. That means I have to drive out of town with a group of people I don't know. This is NOT how I ROLL! It's the money thing that bothers me more than the other stuff. The other stuff just makes it not motivating for me. We haven't even gone to visit all the people in Houston because we don't want to A: drive so far with little people who don't travel well and B: pay for a hotel room long enough to make the drive worthwhile. And that's to see people we know and love. And they expect me to pay for a hotel room to play soccer? Are they out of their minds?

4 comments:

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Camezi said...

Yes, I meant to say that. I have to give them back. It's really a loan.

Camezi said...

Wendy, sorry. I hope you aren't offended that I deleted your comment. I decided it might be best not to mention her name.

beautiful chaos said...

Good game!
Lucky dog! I never get hand-me-downs anymore!
Maybe I should ask W. for her leftover big-girl clothes...
Ask her about 'biting' - it's priceless.