Friday, September 7, 2007

Home School Co-op

Our home school co-op started today. We have "lesson" day 1st and 3rd Fridays, a field trip on the 4th Friday, Mom's Night Out and some other special events. I'm excited. I like this group. It is mostly younger families like ours. They have a "fun lunch" after all the meetings, which is great because you get a chance to know everybody. This semester, I'm in charge of "doing" the kid's crafts. I don't have to make them up or buy the stuff. I just have to explain them and then help the kids do them. We are studying the human body, so today we traced our bodies on a big white sheet of paper, put on a face and hair. I thought it was going to be easy. But there were a lot of kids, not much room and no a/c. They'd better find that a/c next week! I don't do heat well! So, I did the best I could, but I feel like all I did was cut paper. It was kinda crazy. Next week I will be more aware of the crowd situation and I will try to be more organized: like ask the kids to form a line to get their supplies! Ha ha! I learned something!

I also learned where not to pick up lunch before we meet at the park! I made a poor choice mostly because I don't know where fast food is on that side of town. I usually don't eat fast food, so I don't pay much attention to what's there. All I saw was Dairy Queen. I paid over $20 for not great food for me and the kids. I didn't even get something for the baby. He had to beg. I could have gotten 3 medium pizzas for less than that!!!! That's just crazy. So, anyway, we learned something and the kids had a lot of fun. They came home from the park very dirty and we took baths (again) and rested. I made chocolate cookies for good measure. It was a relaxing afternoon.

The group is also going to have a progressive dinner for moms and dads. We are hosting the dessert and coffee portion. I was thinking of making Wendy's Apple Danish Cheesecake. Does that go with an Italian theme? Any other ideas?

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Danish . . . Italian . . . It's all the same. I sure don't think anyone will complain that it's not Italian enough.