Tuesday, October 9, 2007
#2 Gone for the Week
Sunday, my mom called and said they (she and my dad) were making a trip (immediately) to New Mexico and could they come stay the night. I was like, "Of course!" She also said she was thinking about taking one of my boys, but she didn't know how that would work because of jealously issues. I told her I'd think about it and see what I could do. So, I talked to my older son about the benefits of letting his brother go: getting a week with friends and no little brother and not missing soccer. So, he agreed (knowing next time he could go) and my 6 year old got to go on a spur of the moment trip to New Mexico. My parents showed up Sunday night 8:15ish and we met them at a restaurant. Meanwhile, we had taken one of the neighbor kids to church with us and there was a misunderstanding about what time we would be home. We didn't him home until 9:30 and they were expecting him at 7:30. They weren't too happy. I talked to his dad about it and tried my best to smooth things over. His dad said it was ok, but I'm still not sure if it's ok with his mom. I would have been really mad myself. In the future, I will call to make sure we have all our facts straight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow! I didn't know E went w/them. How fun! It was his turn anyway. Hope things are ok w/friend's mom.
So've you abducted anyone's kids lately?
:)
So where's my update?
What's going on with ya?
I know you and gwen talk all the time - but this is my only camezi fix...
Post a Comment