Saturday, October 6, 2007

Why Can't I Remember the Camera?

We've been busy. Yesterday we went to co-op in the morning. They learned about the skeletal system and did a bone craft with noodles. We had more new people this week. It was good.

After co-op, we went to the park with the other home schoolers. I took my little girl behind a tree to pee, which is always fun. I had a good time visiting with the other moms and the kids had fun.

Last night we had a progressive dinner for the home school parents. The food was awesome. The company was great. We had a really good time. My husband said that one of the men told him that my cheesecake was "Cheesecake Factory quality." Whatever. It is a good recipe. I made way too much. So one of the things that the leader wanted to do to help "get to know each other" was to play a game. So, we played a version of The Newly-Wed game (which is weird since we had all been married 10+ years). It was kinda funny. There was a lot of laughter.

Today my husband went to the soccer games with my for the first time. (Dang it. I just realized I still don't have pictures of my oldest playing soccer! Ugh! Wendy, call me next Saturday morning and tell me to take the camera!) I did remember sunscreen, though! Anyway, my younger soccer player's team was down by four, but pulled it out in the end 8 to 7! It was exciting! On the other hand, my oldest's team got slammed AGAIN! The coach is getting madder every week! I don't even care about sports and it makes me bummed. My son got to be goal keeper the second half of the game. (Most of the opponent's points were scored in the first half.) He did pretty well for his first time. He looked like he was going to cry after the game, but he sucked it up. I think the team is getting pretty discouraged with all losses.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Cheesecake - I'm with that guy - Cheesecake Factory quality
Party Games - remember all those games we played at the BSU?
Z's crying or I'd comment more.

beautiful chaos said...

I want some cheesecake.
hehehe - newlywed games are hilarious. I love it when they ask you stuff you oughtta know, but don't... that's the best
wait - isn't that the premise of the game?
It's cool that dh went to the games with you. You are my hero for managing such a large family all by yourself at the games!
I don't think my anal retentive self could handle that!
I wish m's team was doing better - but he's still having fun, right?